(96 posts)

11/20/2013 07:47PM

Main British Car:
1977 mgb 2.8 l gm v6

authors avatar
NEW SOUND FOR THE "B"
Posted by: MG wanna B
Date: May 25, 2014 10:08AM

just bought a new sound system fot the V6 B.

going with all pioneer; 6.5" 2 way front speakers, 5.25" 3 way rear surface mount speakers, and the top of the line cd receiver for the dash, mainly for all the inputs, and audio controls. it also has color control illumination, so that i can match it to the dash light color.

the shallow mount subs and amp will be coming soon.

saved an average of about 50% over retail, on evil bay, believe it or not.

i used to be a car audio shop owner, so i'm pretty familiar with them, and, most of the other top brands don't have the price match, or the shallow mount subs that i'm planning to install.

sound quality, across the board is, pretty much, the same, between brands, so, i'm gonna be busy with installation, this fall.

it's a pretty simple, straight forward install, to go along with the new power antenna, that's going in, but the custom sub enclosure will be the hardest thing to do.

i bought some speaker pods off of the MGE site, complete with cup holders, so, no holes in the car. i've seen plenty of car butchers, before, and it can be really bad, so, no holes are my goal. 20 years of diong it, no problem.

DocsMG
James Spradlin

(40 posts)

04/17/2014 01:34PM

Main British Car:

Re: NEW SOUND FOR THE "B"
Posted by: DocsMG
Date: May 25, 2014 10:45AM

I seen those pods but you got there first. Are there any manufacturer markings on those?

I've been thinking of some 6x9 on the trunk/cab wall. How hard would this be to do?

MG wanna B
edward davidson
mount olive,n.c.
(96 posts)

Main British Car:
1977 mgb 2.8 l gm v6

authors avatar
Date: May 25, 2014 11:37AM

if it were me, i would not cut it, and for the sound of having them in boxes, i would use these;

[www.pioneerelectronics.com]

i got them for 59.99 shipped, and plan to install them in the rear corners, by the seatbelts, for a while, until, i build the sub enclosure.

those are somewhat weather proof, and from experience, have seen them wet and playing. you could even put them down behind the seats, on the floor, for rear fill.

here's the head unit;

got it for 179 shipped

front speakers;

got these for 30 shipped

i pulled the sony speakers out of those pods, and will look for any identification, but, i've never seen them, before, in all of my years of doing car audio.

i have found some on evilbay;

[www.ebay.com]

[www.ebay.com]

not a cheap choice, but, to keep from butchering up the car, it's something to consider

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2014 11:57AM by MG wanna B.

MG wanna B
edward davidson
mount olive,n.c.
(96 posts)

Main British Car:
1977 mgb 2.8 l gm v6

authors avatar
Date: May 31, 2014 02:01PM

that's one bad a$$ stereo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.