tips, technology, tools and techniques related to vehicle driveline components

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

77v8
Robert Dehart

(25 posts)

10/07/2010 06:56AM

Main British Car:

Ok i have a block. anyone guide me on pistons and resleve?
Posted by: 77v8
Date: December 31, 2010 06:09PM

I have a later style 4.2 short block. I want to be safe and resleve the block. Im going with ductile iron tophats. Where is a good place in the states to get it done?
Pistons to match. I would like a super high performance as in lightweight Hypereutectic and good shape however dished down to a 9.0 to 1 to an 8.5 compression ratio. I will be running a blower.
anyone got suggestions on a piston?

tr8todd
Todd Kishbach

(390 posts)

12/04/2009 07:42AM

Main British Car:

Re: Ok i have a block. anyone guide me on pistons and resleve?
Posted by: tr8todd
Date: January 01, 2011 08:29AM

I use these guys because they are close by. They have built over 100 Rover engines, including strokers. They built my turbo block and have another one of my 4.0s now. I have never had to have a sleeve replaced on any of my engines, but these guys have done them numerous times. Just about any competent engine builder should be able to resleeve a block. It's commonplace now with all of the aluminum engines being produced. You shouldn't have to send the engine all the way across the country unless you are looking for something else crazy on your build. Where are you located? That would be a good place to start looking.
[www.precisionengine.net]

roverman
Art Gertz
Winchester, CA.
(3188 posts)

04/24/2009 11:02AM

Main British Car:
74' Jensen Healy, 79 Huff. GT 1, 74 MGB Lotus 907,2L

Posted by: roverman
Date: January 03, 2011 01:39PM

Robert, I would look on webb ," Icon forged piston" site, under diameter listings. "Im using sbc for 305", forged. Good Luck, roverman.

77v8
Robert Dehart

(25 posts)

10/07/2010 06:56AM

Main British Car:

Posted by: 77v8
Date: March 18, 2011 09:57PM

Well thats the thing guys.... There isnt much as far as complete engine builders/re-builders. a few tracks have shut down and the companys faded that did this sort of thing. I do have a lead however. I found my sleves too only 40 bucks a piece. ductile iron.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.